Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Alicia D.

Hello! My name is Alicia and I am an 8th grade student at the American Community school (ACS) of Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is a beautiful city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). There is so much culture here and many experiences you can’t get in other places. ACS has a fantastic art program that teaches us many different techniques and styles of art, and I can’t wait to share everything I have learned with you. I think it is important to share what we learned to get a better understanding of art. Everyone has different views on art and get inspiration from different things. The artist I like the best and that I get inspiration from is Vincent van Gogh, but there are many different artists that I love and go to get inspiration from. Art is a universal thing that has many different styles. If we learn about each others styles, we can incorporate it into our own, making our art even better. Some styles of art we learned this year is sketching, grid drawing, 1 and 2 point perspective, watercolor paintings and poster designs, and we have just finished our replicating famous paintings unit. Along with different styles of art, we have also used many different supplies. We have used pencil and paper, water color, and acrylic paint. For the replicating famous paintings unit, each student had to pick a painting and try to replicate it the best they could. This involved us using careful observation. We learned to observe the smallest details in things to fully understand it and to make the best copy we could. Here is a picture of my art work that I have been working on.


My Art work:                                                                

Original Art piece:



15 comments:

  1. I really like how similar your work is to the original piece! I think the way your lines are slightly irregular adds interest to your piece. Well done and keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your replica is really good and it is very accurate. The white is very bright and I think it makes your replica more interesting than the original. How long did this take you, and why did you choose this artwork to replicate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I choice the artwork to replicate because is reminded me of ancient cave paintings. I find cave paintings really interesting and we are learning about cave paintings in history class and found it a great way to connect both classes. This painting took around 5 hours (5 classes) to make, but there was an extra 2-3 hours to choose the painting and to make thumbnail drawings. On average how long does it take you to complete an art piece?

      Delete
  3. I think that your artwork is really accurate and similar to the original piece, yet I like the colours more on yours (although I don't know whether it's just because of the photography). I also love how accurately the lines in the background are drawn. I was just wondering what materials you used to draw/paint/create this?? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The color's in person are more similar to the actual painting, but are still different. The way the photo was taken changed the color. To create my drawing, I used acrylic paint. The acrylic paint was a good material to work with because I could layer the colors, and they added a cool affect and made it easier to make.

      Delete
  4. Hey Alicia! I love how you have shown both the original piece of artwork as well as your artwork and your painting is amazing! I like how the lines are thicker, it gives a nicer effect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it would be nice if you guys could see the similarities and differences of the copies.

      Delete
  5. I think that your artwork is really accurate and similar to the original piece, yet I like the colours more on yours (although I don't know whether it's just because of the photography). I also love how accurately the lines in the background are drawn. I was just wondering what materials you used to draw/paint/create this?? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alicia! I love how you have shown both the original piece of artwork as well as your artwork and your painting is amazing! I like how the lines are thicker, it gives a nicer effect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it would be nice for you all to see what I was replicating so you could compare mine to the original.

      Delete
  7. Hey Alicia,
    Your work looks so similar as the original! your painting is amazing and looks really well all together. You should try to draw a human next time because you have the skills girl!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And the unit before this, we did realistic drawings of people.

      Delete
  8. Hey Alicia, your artwork is really similar to the original piece, and in some ways I like it better and find it more interesting as the colours are more vibrant. I also like how the circles are slightly irregular, like Katrina said. Great job, keep up the good work! - Khadijah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Alicia, your artwork is amazing and it really resembles the original piece and I have tried to copy a similar piece of artwork and I found it very hard , so congratulations to you because honestly I find it very hard to do what you did and I could see this in a museum because it is really nice and I personally like your version better than the original. I think you have a real talent.
    Can't wait to see more of your stuff!
    Pia

    ReplyDelete