Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hunter


Hello,
I’m Hunter i go to American Community School of Abu Dhabi (ACS). I like art that is based off color choice. I like it because of how it appeals to the eye.That is why I have made a copy of Cyclone Tracy by Rover Thomas. The piece has a black, tan and maroon theme; but I like how it has white and orange dots. Adding dots of bright colors makes the whole thing come together. When making the piece i used the black as the background. The maroon is lighter in some spots so I had to paint the darker ones then add white and paint the rest. For the small dots I used a nail head. this was recommended by a fellow class mate. The artist did not put white dots below the light brown bottom left; but put it every were else. If you like to see the image in deeper details go here.
From, Art Lover Hunter


7 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter,
    I think that the art work you have done is really accurate to the original one. I really like how you have used shades of brown in your background. I also like the variety of colours in this painting. The white dots that you used to outline the yellow, really helps make the painting stand out, because it's brighter colours on dark ones. Overall, I think your painting is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hunter! I really like the way you have shown the original painting as well as your version of it and also given a bit of a comparison. It looks great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hunter, I really like your replica of the artwork! Honestly, it looks better than the original in my opinion! Your way of explaining the methods you used to make the piece is really helpful and helps us relate to it. I also think that your white dots are more intricate than the original and your black background emphasizes the other parts of it well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you've studied the colours well in the original artwork, noting the colour theme and all. It was also a very good idea using a nail head, as the outlines almost sparkle and make the entire piece stand out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hunter, nice name by the way, I really like your replica of the original painting. I like how the color slightly changed but it still is a really well done painting. I liked how you said the bright outline brings the painting all together, it does! Great job (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. really good painting, I like the patterns.

    ReplyDelete