Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Reina

Hello, my name is Reina I am an 8th grade student at ACS in Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi is a desert and is also the capital of the UAE. As for my art, I like to just draw random doodles once I am bored. When looking at art I like art that has meaning and makes you think. For example, Salvador Dali uses his artwork in a way that signifies multiple things causing people viewing the artwork to look at every detail as it may lead to something else. I am currently working on my master’s copy. Basically from our Art Website I looked at multiple artworks and love the painting by Liu Xiaodong called Say No 1 [说不1]. It represents a hand that is bleeding and the middle finger is cut off. I got inspired at this mainly because I feel it represents how some people work really hard and their hands are almost filled with the work (blood and sweat). I also, loved how much detail there was in the painting like you could see every scratch of blood which gave more meaning to the artwork. As for my master copy, I was hoping to get feedback. It is now done but I would like to here what people think about my painting. Here is a picture of my painting:



10 comments:

  1. I like the concept of what you tried out, I think you did it really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you? Do you think this painting means anything specific?

      Delete
  2. Hi Reina! Wow, your drawing has an incredible concept! It's pretty cool :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Do you have any current drawings you are working on?

      Delete
  3. Hey Reina,

    It is so cool how you love to doodle and draw then out of that you created this incredible piece of art! The shape of the hand is interesting and very precise as the outside gets darker showing shadowing. The meaning of the piece is pretty dark and gruesome but then this wonderful painting comes out of it. As I am into dark and creepy paintings I felt that the color represents blood. The broken of fingers is also very cool and a great addition to the work.

    Rhianna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Glad you liked it! I love how you like dark and creepy painting and I honestly agree with you because although they are dark and creepy that makes it interesting. Do you have a specific artist you like?

      - Reina :D

      Delete
    2. It's a Pleasure Reina!

      I don't exactly have a specific artist I love but I prefer photoshopped scary images or draw. I have recently been drawn to the posters made for advertising horror films. Althoguh my favorite is the poster for
      The Conjuring

      Rhianna

      Delete
    3. It's a Pleasure Reina!

      I don't exactly have a specific artist I love but I prefer photoshopped scary images or draw. I have recently been drawn to the posters made for advertising horror films. Althoguh my favorite is the poster for
      The Conjuring

      Rhianna

      Delete
    4. Hey Reina maybe you could check out my work on our blog!

      Link : http://geckoglog.blogspot.sg/2015/03/rhiannas-photoshop-fire-and-ice_15.html?showComment=1427091040166

      Delete
  4. Hi Reina I'm Sele, from Singapore. I love your artwork and I think the idea is genial.
    The colours are perfect and I like the black background!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete