Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Simr S.

Hello, my name is Simr, I’m 13 years old and I go the American Community School. I like video games, cars, basketball, and drawing. I have one younger brother. I live in Abu Dhabi but I was born in Indonesia. Abu Dhabi is a country with many art exhibits that are still under construction such as a Louvre Abu Dhabi, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and more. I always loved art, especially drawing comics, which I do at least every week. Currently I’m working on a masterpiece copy using acrylic paint for my art class. The artwork I chose to copy is called “Mt. Fuji” by Yokoyama Taikan (my copy is below). It’s a difficult artwork to copy, but I challenged myself and managed to do it. We all chose our artwork from Google Art Project, a great site for finding any kind of artwork. I am quite proud of my work, despite the multiple mistakes that I have made, like how the detail on the mountain is in two different colors and that the sun doesn’t look round and smooth. I don’t really have emotions or feelings that inspire my art, I just get random ideas at random moments.

That’s enough about me, I want to learn about you. Do you have any art exhibits close to where you live? Do you like art? If so, what types of art? How do you find inspiration? I can’t wait to speak with you. In the meantime, see you in the next blog post.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Simir, my name is Rafael Villanueva. I also enjoy video games and basketball especially. I really like your piece because I have always wanted to visit Mt. Fuji as I have been to Tokyo before. I also liked the selection of colours you chose, especially the sun. Besides that I love the detail on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Chloe and I am studying in Xiamen International School. When I was scrolling through all the artworks, I got attracted by your painting. I don't know why but I like how you did the details of Mt. Fuji. I've been to Tokyo before but didn't have chances to visit Mt. Fuji. Your painting is simple, although it's thoughtful and nice. In Xiamen, there is a new mall (just opened last month) with different artworks in it. It's quite cool because there are different types of art exhibiting every month. I like art(okay with any types of art). I find inspiration from observing the environment surrounding me (well, which is daydreaming). It is fun to daydream because I always discover new details everytime when I pay attention to the world. It is also nice to see things from a different perspective. How about you? I'm looking forward to see you in my blog post (the library bookmark project)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for complimenting on my painting Chloe. Yes, I love to daydream a lot (sometimes in the wrong places like in class) but it gives me great ideas. I'm visiting Japan in the summer, hopefully I'll see Mount Fuji there. I look forward to seeing your blog post. What exactly is the library bookmark project?

      Delete
  4. Hi Simr, My name is Misato and I and studying in United World College South East Asia Dover. It was pretty much my first time looking through art blogs and your art piece attracted me as soon as my eye caught your painting. The contrast of the colors used yellow with grey and white and the red sun. I really think that the red sun represents Japan a lot. You can make this even better by adding more designs and tiny designs. Since I am from Japan I have seen the Mt. Fuji before and it looks like it a lot and it is very creative. I am looking forward to see more of your art pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, though I probably won't post any of my other art pieces. This is the only one that is really worth posting on a blog. Will you be making a blog with your art pieces? I'm excited to see it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Simr, I'm Ashari and I study (like Misato) at United World College South East Asia in Singapore. Our art teacher told us to look through all of the pieces on this blog and your piece really caught my eye. I really like your colour choices because it's really interesting that you used yellows for the sky and I like how you have done something really different and unique. I was wondering if you've ever visited Japan before and why you chose to paint Mt. Fuji? Maybe you could have made the other parts of the painting more detailed because the mountain is very detailed and everything else is quite simple, but then again it gives the piece a very natural and calm feel. Hope to see more of your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being positive! I've actually never been to Japan but I will this summer, hopefully I'll visit Mount Fuji there.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete