Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Yajat D


Blogpost: March 3rd 2015




Greetings,
My name is Yajat. I study at the American Community School of Abu Dhabi (ACS) in Middle School, specifically, Grade 8. My favorite form of art so far since we started this course in August 2014 is Watercolor. However, I have my linear perspective drawing attached. The drawing is of a busy city and made it using two point perspective. I really enjoyed this unit and was the unit where I feel I learned the most number of art techniques since 2 point perspective was new to me.  


The main message I am trying to convey through this artwork is how urbanization and technology has affected society. In the image, the children’s playground is abandoned even in the daytime. This indicates that children are more indoors nowadays on computers or watching TV. Also, there is a forest towards the right with a whole row of trees cut down which points towards deforestation. As well as that, obviously, what was once natural landscape is now replaced with skyscrapers, trains, roads, and subways. Right now, our class is working on recreating artwork in acrylic paint from famous art pieces on Google Art Project. The specific one I am recreating is by Mai Zhixiong and is a complicated 3D structure. Since the structure is a very mechanical and complicated one, I am behind schedule and have gone over the due date.

An artist that inspires me is Vincent van Gogh and I really like his painting called “Starry Night” especially since I have seen a whole process of recreating it since a student in my class recreated it for the Acrylic Paint unit. I live in Abu Dhabi and the city is rapidly progressing in the artistic field. There is a whole island, Saadiyat Island, dedicated to art and history where the construction of the famous Louvre, originally in Paris, is underway. There is also the Guggenheim art museum being recreated.


12 comments:

  1. I think that this drawing has definitely represented your message well. It is very neat and you have included a lot of detail, and well represented the perspective in which you were looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sebastien,

      Thank you for the comment and praise. I am glad that you enjoyed my drawing.

      Delete
  2. Hi Yajat!
    I really like your drawing and the message behind it makes it even better. I love the style you have, only using straight lines, which gives it a very neat appearance which I think helps portrays a city very well. The new art island sounds cool and I would love to hear more about the recreation of the Louvre. Do you think they will also replicate the paintings on the ceilings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Rosie,

      Thanks for the comment on my drawing. I'm not 100% sure about if there would be paintings on the ceiling however after reading the article below, I think there might be something like that. It states "...with their strict geometry and high ceilings, offer exceptional spaces for the displays of works." This makes me think that they might do something similar to the Louvre in Paris with the paintings on the ceilings.

      http://louvreabudhabi.ae/en/building/Pages/architecture.aspx

      Delete
  3. Hello I am Greg from Xiamen.
    I like how you divided the scene into 4 using lines. Your art work is very good example of two point perspective art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I am Timo and I study in The UWC SEA Dover Campus in Singapore. I am really interesting in arts, especially in 3D drawings and 2 point perspectives. And that's also what caused my attention to your drawing. I just think that it is amazing. I think that it really represents your message. Continue drawing like that, maybe you could make a drawing related to Abu Dhabi or Singapore. Looking forward to see more drawings like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Timo!

      I'm glad that you enjoyed my drawing of a city that has been affected due to modern day. I would definitely consider drawing something related to Abu Dhabi or Singapore! Hope to see your artwork...

      Delete
  5. Hi Yajat! my name is Jamie and I study at United World College of South East Asia. I really like how you have drawn this at a particular view in which you can see a wide view of the city. It's great hearing that Vincent Van Gogh inspired you to create this art piece! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yajat, I'm Eujean from the American School of Dubai. I really like your drawing! All of your lines are neat and they are going back to the vanishing point. I also really liked that you had two roads crossing in the front, that was a really cool idea. The way you drew the tunnel was neat because you made the curved lines look like you didn't have any trouble at all. Your drawing has given me inspiration for my own two point perspective.

    ReplyDelete