Thursday, April 16, 2015

3D Plaster Project: Elly



I have chosen to do a plaster project as my next project. I decided that I wanted to do a plaster project because I had never worked with plaster and wanted to try something new. I am in the process of creating multiple different shaped plaster-filled balloons. The main idea I had when planning this project, was to show originality and acceptance. I wanted to show that everyone is different and no human is ever the same. I have already filled about 5 large balloons with plaster which is composed of one cup water two cups plaster powder. I shaped these into different shapes and sizes and let them dry. I have cut the balloon off all of the shapes once they were dry. Now I am in the process of painting each object a different color. Next, I intend to attach the balloons together with string to show the aspect of acceptance. Do you have any ideas as to what I could do to improve this piece?

This picture is of the shapes in the process of being painted:












Here is the final product. The balloons were all painted and then attached with a hot glue gun to the string. I hope you like it!:)












9 comments:

  1. Hey, Elly! It's Charlotte. I love your project! Creative idea, acceptence. I'm doing a similar project, where the idea of labels is involved in acceptence. How are you planning to tattach them to string? Hot Glue Gun? I've never done anything like this, and it sounds like such a cool project. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. Great job! :D - Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Charlotte! Thank you! Yep, I attached the string with a hot glue gun. Thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow elly! I love your project. I think that the shapes and the concept of the project is really cool! How did you shape the plaster balloons and was there a reason that you only made 4 balloons? to improve this project I would have made more balloons, and I would have painted them with more contrasting colors. Overall great project and I think it is really cool and the shapes are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I held the balloons in place or found a way to prop them up. I agree, I should have made more balloons and painted them in more contrasting colors. Thank you!:D

      Delete
  3. Wow elly! I love your project. I think that the shapes and the concept of the project is really cool! How did you shape the plaster balloons and was there a reason that you only made 4 balloons? to improve this project I would have made more balloons, and I would have painted them with more contrasting colors. Overall great project and I think it is really cool and the shapes are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elly, I really like your ideas for the shapes of your plaster. What was the most challenging thing that you had to overcome while making this project? Also, did your final project turn out how you originally planned (from the beginning)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The most challenging thing I had to overcome was painting the balloons, because I had to find a way to let them dry without them sticking to anything. In the beginning I meant to create acceptance 'rings' but then it was to difficult so I decided to do balloons. :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Elly,
    This is Christine from XIS! I really like this idea of yours of using plaster and balloon to shape it. I just want to ask about how will the final project look like, Im really curious because it's such a creative project! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,
    Thank you! The final product is shown above in my post, the one with all the balloons painted and attached. Thank you! Are you working on a current art project? :)

    ReplyDelete