Thursday, April 16, 2015

Cem Gonzale's Clay Cow


Hi, I’m back and today I’m going to talk about a new project I’ve been working on. Our teacher let us choose the materials we can use to make a sculpture, and I chose clay. Currently I’m finished shaping the clay into a cow with a saddle on it. First I made 3 small pieces: the tail, the body, and the head. Then I attached those pieces by scratching the clays surface and putting some water on the part  I scratched. I had to hollow the inside of the cow, because if you have a big piece of clay and you don’t carve out its insides small air pockets left in the clay will explode when it is furnaced. This cow is my second try, the first cow’s feet fell off, because they weren’t attached properly. I will post a photo of my cow as soon as possible. Hope this post gave you some understanding on how I’m making my clay cow.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Cem,
    This is a very cute cow! I think it would be even better if you painted it in with black and white patches? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I thought of the same thing, I will paint it after it gets fired. What color do you think I should paint the saddle?

      Delete
  2. Hello Cem,

    Looks very nice! Please post the finished sculpture so we can see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take a photo as soon its fired, and I finish painting it.

      Delete
  3. Hello Mr Gonzales
    I like how you made the cow cartoonish, it gives a fun vibe to your artwork. One question I have is why did you decide to make a cow and why not a hedgehog or a pig? Also are you going to color it? Something that I would do if I were you is I would add a slight bump where the nose is, so it can look like a snout that the cow has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Karim. I chose to do a cow, because I saw a picture of a fat clay cow in google images and I had to do it. Also I will color it after my adorable cow gets fired. Finally I'm afraid that I won't be able to add a snout, because the clay is dry, but I will certainly make a snout next time I make a clay cow.

      Delete
  4. Hello Mr Gonzales
    I like how you made the cow cartoonish, it gives a fun vibe to your artwork. One question I have is why did you decide to make a cow and why not a hedgehog or a pig? Also are you going to color it? Something that I would do if I were you is I would add a slight bump where the nose is, so it can look like a snout that the cow has.

    ReplyDelete