Thursday, April 16, 2015

Elena B-Post 2

These past two months I have been working on making a 3D wire sculpture. My initial idea for the sculpture was to do a tree of life style tree with a lot of colored wire and branches, but as it became more developed, I transitioned my idea to more of a gothic Tim Burton-like tree. Through development, I found my wire was too thick and I lost that graceful look that I was aiming for. So, after a consultation with my teacher, he suggested that I change to a different theme. Now, it bears a resemblance the Whomping Willow from  the Harry Potter series. In my original idea, I planned to have multiple shaped and different colored buttons to substitute for leaves. But, to transition that idea into my newly changed theme, because I really like the idea, I made the leaves darker so now they are all black, and instead of using bright vibrant colored wire, now I use dark blue. I have my trunk a twisted and gnarled spiral leading up to the crowded base of the limbs, which I definitely think adds to said theme. Here is a picture of my tree, I think that I finally finished it, but I believe I would still have the chance to make changes if the need to arises.:
I would very much appreciate any feedback possible to help me improve my design. Thanks for reading and I would love if you could leave me some advice or your opinion on my tree so I can improve it. :)

20 comments:

  1. Hi Elena! Wow this tree sculpture looks amazing! It is visually appealing and the use of buttons and wire is super interesting! I also really like the colour contrast of the wire and the dark colours. If you added more branches that would look really nice! Maybe we could connect sometime to talk? Let me know! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'd love to talk sometime! And I'll definitely take that into account thanks for the feedback!

      Delete
    2. Perhaps we could email sometime? My email is au6405@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg
      Hope to chat soon! x

      Delete
  2. I really like this piece! The stones seem like leaves, and I think maybe you could add leaves of either fabric or paper, which would look quite cool as now it looks a little barren. I look forward to seeing your future artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thanks! I can definitely look for some paper to make leaves out of. Great idea! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Elena, I really like what you have created, it is very different but the use of both wire and buttons is very clever. The structure looks strong and well put together, well done! If you want to follow me on Instagram, I post photos everyday of what happens in my life, my account is @kenza_david (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll look you up. Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Elena, Your art work is very interesting, I would like to know how you decided to make this idea as it seems very nice? if you want find me on Facebook Dino Tsinonis and follow me on Instagram @tsino10254

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up cool wire structures on google and I found this really graceful tree and wanted to recreate it. However I changed it bit because I had a lot of difficulty making it look graceful and not clunky. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Hi Elena, your wire tree looks really cool. I really like how you used buttons as the leaves and how the tree gets smaller from bigger. Maybe you could add more buttons to the ends of the branches to make it look like more leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Deanne I will definitely take that into account. I agree with you that it does look kind of empty, but I am also kind of going for that look.

      Delete
  6. Hi,
    My name is Isabel. I go to ASD and I am in seventh grade.
    I really like the way your trees branches are made. There is a big variety in the size of the wire and I really like how you connected the branches to the trunk of the tree. You made it so that it looks nice and it will be a sturdy piece. I like the variety in the size of the buttons and how there are not that many. The way that you placed the buttons really helped the look of it.
    I can not wait to see more of your work.
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the specific comment Isabel! I am sure you yourself make some great art. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Hi Elena!
    I really like how you built a tree out of wires as it shows how complex a tree is. And I think it was really creative to use buttons for leaves as it looks unique. I think that it would've been nice if you used thin green paper to show how delicate leaves are. I really think you put this piece together really well and made it look natural! Maybe we could connect sometime to talk about our art works? I am usually most active on instagram @bohye_park :) hope to get to see more of your works in the future! -Bohye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will think about the leaves I like that cool idea!

      Delete
  8. Hi Elena,
    I'm Matt using my teacher's account. I like your work. The materials you used is awesome how you make it's awesome. GOOD JOB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt I appreciate it!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Hi Elena,
    This is a really cool idea! I love how the wires act as the tree trunk and branches, it looks really cool! Maybe we could connect sometime! My Instagram is donna.hayden

    ReplyDelete