Monday, April 13, 2015

Hamad A

In our new unit in Art class we have been assigned to make 3D Art work and we had the choices of making it out of Trash,Clay,wire and plaster I decided to pick clay because I am pretty good at it because when we traveled to Turkey with our school we learned how to make pots and cups and many more things so I was comfortable in making clay than any of the other materials we have been working on.Since I like animals I decided to make an animal out of clay. I picked a rhino for my clay project because it was easy to make and because they are really tough and strong. So far my project has been going pretty good, I have looked up the way to build a rhino and it wasn't hard at all but I had to redo it a couple of times. But now I am on the right track and will be done soon.


10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Hamad, this is an awesome replica of a rhino made of clay! The proportions of the body parts are very accurate! Something I would add onto the rhino to make it look more realistic would be patterns. Add some texture and patterns on the rhino, because rhinos skin is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you intend to paint the rhino?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey @Sammy H, I think you are right I should put patterns on the Rhino but sadly its too late because our teacher had almost fired it and its really really dry right now, I was actually thinking of making a pattern but I had to hand it in for some odd reason

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually don't know Hunner what do you recommend

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I'm Chloe using my teacher's account. I really like your artwork because it's cute. I've also made clay pot when I was on my trip in Taiwan. It was awesome and fun to work with clay. How long did it take for you to make it? Which was the hardest part for you to work on? Nice to meet you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe, Im using a student account. It took me a little over a week if time to finish this rhino, but what I found the hardest was to make the rhino look big and also to make the horns for the rhino because it was really small and it kept bending over and over again, As you can see in the photo the horns don't look very good. Nice to meet you.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete