Thursday, April 16, 2015

3D Clay Project

Hey everybody, this is Simr again with my second art piece. We were working on 3D art projects and I chose to make something out of clay. It obviously is not the best I’ve ever done. It’s supposed to be a piggy bank, a really fat, cute one. The reason I made a piggy bank is because I have owned a few piggy banks before but none of them were actually pigs. I had a train bank, a bus bank, and two spiderman banks. My first challenge when making this was that I had to make it hollow. I spent almost two hours experimenting how to make it. If I didn’t get help, my pig would most likely fall to pieces. I hope you like it and I will see you in the next blog post.



12 comments:

  1. This pig is so nice, I like the way that you created something that has an actual purpose (a money bank). Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to see your work, too :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    I think your project is great. It's really hard to make something like that hollow so well done! I agree with Kenza that it's nice that it has an actual purpose.

    Good job!
    -Carmen from ASD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult making something hollow, but I did it. The other reason why I made a piggy bank is so it would have a purpose and I wouldn't throw it away when I got home. Thanks and I hope to see you soon :)

      Delete
  3. Simr, I really like how your piggy bank looks like an actual piggy bank, I think you did a good job at the basic shape, and the eyes, and the hole where you put money. Can I ask if you plan to take this even further some way? One thing that I would improve is that the pig itself is kind of flat, maybe you could add some patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized that it was a little flat after it dried :( , but I decided against adding patterns, because then it wouldn't look like a pig.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I think you should use a little water to smooth the the piggy bank and will you paint it? What made you make a piggy bank?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your piggy bank is really cool and cute. Can you actually use it? Is there a space to put coins in? I think it would be cutter if you add some colors on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Overall, the design of the pig is very good although it might be better with some extra detail. But I like the overall shape and I also appreciate how you related it to something of your childhood. Like you I never had a real piggy bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I should have added more detail but I got a bit lazy and decided not to.

      Delete