Thursday, April 16, 2015

In class we have been given a choice of types of 3D arts to make. Recently, I’ve been working on a 3D wire sculpture of a corgi. I chose to make a wire corgi because I thought wire art would be an interesting new thing for me to try out and I always love corgis dearly. I saw wire art of a corgi and decided to try something like it..
Though at first I had a difficult time deciding what I wanted to make, I know what I want to do with it. I am a little behind but I am very motivated by this piece. I’m very inexperienced with wire so I tried starting with the legs of the corgi, but the wire I used made it harder for smaller legs so I made it a little bigger. The corgi may end up life size in the end due to the size of the legs (though corgis aren’t big in the real life.)
I plan to make to make the corgi by giving it an outline with a thicker wire, then wrapping everything together with a thinner one to hold it all together. I’m giving it just a plan standing stance to simplify things for me, but  I still need to find a way that will make sure it can stand upright on it’s on.
I’m having difficulty with having the Corgi stand up on it’s own though. If you have any tips or help with that, then that would be wonderful!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole! I think your design if so creative and fun, and personally, I feel that the use of wire creates such an amazing effect. I like how you experimented with different types of wire, which makes the corgi look very 3D. Maybe to help it to stand, you could separate the legs a bit wider apart, so it can support the weight. Also, maybe you can add another dimension to the legs. Hope this helps? Perhaps we could connect sometime to talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I never thought of spreading the legs apart more that's a good idea! I also tried doubling the width of the legs by giving them an extra layer but I could get them to stay a certain length apart. Thanks for the suggestion I'll try that!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the comment! I never thought of spreading the legs apart more that's a good idea! I also tried doubling the width of the legs by giving them an extra layer but I could get them to stay a certain length apart. Thanks for the suggestion I'll try that!

      Delete
  2. Hey Nicole! This is really cool and I love your idea, it's great! I love how you used different types of wire and bent them in different ways to give the corgi a very three-dimensional feature to it. Did you do this all by hand or did you use any instruments to help you? We should definitely try and connect through social media or email :) Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Well I bend the thicker wires by hands. The thinner ones I used to tie things together was done by wire tools.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hey Nicole! This is really cool and I love your idea, it's great! I love how you used different types of wire and bent them in different ways to give the corgi a very three-dimensional feature to it. Did you do this all by hand or did you use any instruments to help you? We should definitely try and connect through social media or email :) Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nicole! I really like your idea - I think its really cute and interesting. You also are really skilled with wire, and you did a good job making all the legs the same size. Good work so far, I can't wait to see how this will turn out!

    ReplyDelete