Thursday, April 16, 2015

Mid-Project Update

As you’ve seen in my last blog I was working on a painted piece, now I have moved on to a 3D project in which I plan to make a hand out of plaster. At this point I have mixed alginate (a pink substance that is goo like and allows you to make a mold) and stuck my hand in it (at about wrist height) which will now allow me to have a hollow representation of my hand. After which I mixed a bowl of plaster and poured into my alginate, now I get to wait for the plaster to set and dry. This is probably the hardest part, because if I don’t wait long enough then the plaster will be soft and difficult to use when removed from the alginate. From this point I went on my 2 week spring break, so I am definitely ready to take the plaster hand out. This is currently where I am at:


I can’t actually see the hand, so I am slightly nervous on how it turned out. I will definitely take more pictures for the blog once I move on. For now this is what I have. Wish me luck!

Okay, so I’ve taken my hand out of the algenite and I’ve ended up with this:

I’m a little disappointed with this, but I know that I can fix it with some hot glue and a bit of plaster.
After I’m done with that I think I want to add some color to it but I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do. Any recommendations? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment