Thursday, April 16, 2015

My 3-Dimensional artwork project

In the current unit in my art class I am assigned to create a 3- Dimensional figure. I decided to chose the option of making a 3- Dimensional figure out of clay as I am familiar with it. In past experiences I went to a fun arts camp over the summer. By going to this camp I had a ceramics class where I learned the basics of clay making and I was fortunate enough to actually make something out of clay in that camp. I made a ceramic ocarina, an ocarina is a ancient musical wind instrument- the ocarina is similar to a flute.

Now that I have the chance to play with clay for a second time I would really like to perfect the arts of ocarina making. I want to make this ocarina more appealing than my old one by making it rounder, and by adding patterns. Above appeal, I also want to make it more functioning than my past ocarina. What I mean by functioning is how well the sound comes out and if it is clear and loud.



Here are some pictures of my Ocarina in progress.




Some advice as to how I can improve my Ocarina would be very useful.

6 comments:

  1. I think you should add some color of design, btu Ithink this is really neat and nice looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the help Maddy! I was planning on painting the ocarina and maybe add some patterns as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For inspiration you may want to take a look at this site: http://www.songbirdocarina.com/ Your ocarina looks like it is coming along nicely. Very original idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For inspiration you may want to take a look at this site: http://www.songbirdocarina.com/ Your ocarina looks like it is coming along nicely. Very original idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! I will put your website into good use!

      Delete
  5. Hi, Sammy! I am Ashley Seo from Xiamen International School. I honestly think this is a very creative type of art you chose, and I like the use of clay. I used to play the flute before, and this is why I can connect to it even more. But just out of curiosity, are you going to add colors to it?

    ReplyDelete