Thursday, April 16, 2015

Wire Structure- Minkyung


I am now working on wire sculptures. I am making a 3D clock sculptures with different kind of wires. I used a thick wire to make a basic structures and coil it with thinner wire to make a detail. Blue wire will be use to make a number and hands of the clock so I can be separated from the plain wire. Also blue wire is easy to make curve line. I made a clock that is different from the original table clock. I tried to use the characteristic of the wire. The back of my clock is able to control the angle of the clock standing. I struggled on making a clock stand because it’s not thick enough. This is why it doesn’t have the clock legs. I really like this project because I can make what I want.

7 comments:

  1. Hi, I really like your clock idea! is it actually going to work? We as a class get points if we skype, so we just need to call each other and then take a screenshot and I get points! okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I really like your clock idea! is it actually going to work? We as a class get points if we skype, so we just need to call each other and then take a screenshot and I get points! okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Olivia from UWCSEA, and I really like your idea and I love the way that is is unique. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my name is Peter and I am from ASD. I really like your problem solving when you found that the wire could not support the weight, so you used the back. I think that was a smart way to fix a problem. Will you make a clock face? I think that would be an interesting addition to an already interesting piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty cool Hey I am Vidhan I am from uwcsea email me at vidhanp1804@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete